I bought my grandson a 3DSXL for Christmas...he used his birthday money also....only to have 3 months and it started acting up and not playing games....we called Nintendo which said the system was under warranty for 1 year and to send in...after a few weeks they contacted me and said the system was contaimated but could not tell the details just said to send $80.07 to repair....after sending the money I WAS MAD about having to pay....got it back and 2 days later started doing the same thing....called them back and told me to resend back to them but could be extra charges....$300 already in the system.....I think I will trash! I will not buy another Nintendo product....but like they really care....

Had an Experience with Nintendo?

Comments

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #762849

same issue I am having here! They replied " such an exchange. However, you can request that your system be returned to you unrepaired. "

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States #690745

My son used his 3DS for less that two months and it would no longer hold the game cards in the slot. I was told the same thing about the warranty at Best Buy who also said they did not process Nintendo claims I would have to contact Nintendo directly.

After sending the game in I was told the system had a "Foreign Object" in it and it would cost me $78.98 to have it repaired. I have requested that they tell me what was in the system and how it caused the damage but I am starting to believe they just make up an excuse the warranty will not cover and hit you with a charge.